A JAMMA version is currently scheduled for 2019.
Status: PCBs are ordered from the factory.
Latest video #4
Printing of artworks / OST CD etc. starts soon.
We had trouble with the PCB production. The factory is currently reworking the PCBs.
Game development is 99.99% done and beta testing starts in 1-2 weeks.
We will show the OST CD and printing materials/game center kit etc. in the next 4 weeks.
Currently estimated shipping date: 4th quarter of 2018 (late November)
The exact date depends on beta testing results.
Shipping is done in order of purchase.
MVS LE->MVS RE->(waiting for final software update)->AES CE->AES RE
To be kept informed about this item you can join the shop newsletter, follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
Kraut Buster MVS Gamecenter Kit
KRAUT BUSTER is an action Run'n'Gun shooting game made for the 16 bit system NEO GEO.
Game features (exact details are subject to change):
- Several long stages with varied and changing settings
- 8 end bosses and several sub bosses
- Mask feature: Wear different masks to change your characters abilities, your weapons, change your surroundings and enemy behaviors.
- 2 player simultaneous mode. CO-OP: players can interact with each other.
- 8-way: Allows to shoot in 8 directions
- Swaying: Some weapons allow 16-direction by swaying with the joystick
- Switch weapons: quick tap 'D' to switch between weapon I and II
- Grenade hold: Hold joystick in direction to throw grenades more far
- Grenade auto throw: Hold 'C' button to throw multiple grenades
- Ledge drop: Use the terrain and obstacles to your advantage
- Position lock: Hold your position while aiming
- Chain based scoring system to provide a long term challenge
- Multiple heights/ways platforming for more ways to play the game
- 2 game modes "T-mode" and "C-mode"
- 3 difficulties
- Arcade perfect playtime of approx. 40 minutes per run (normal route)
- Bloodpumping arcade soundtrack
- 60FPS/60Hz twice as fluid, twice as responsive, zero the lag
- Horizontal Run'n'Gun game
Hardware Specs (MVS)
- Beautiful handcrafted true 16-bit pixel art
- large panoramic backgrounds with up to 9000px lenght with a lot of parallax elements
- big fully animated bosses
- tons of animation, little details and pixel love
Will use approximately 784 Megabits (exact megcount is TBD)
Digitized stereo soundtrack
Arcade / coin-op support
In-system software updates via USB port
Custom made PCBs
Custom made cartridge shell
- 1x MVS cartridge of Kraut Buster
- 1x Black ABS plastic shell (imperfections/Made in China)
- 1x Long instruction paper
- 1x Marquee
- 1x Game DIP settings
- 1x Cardboard box with sticker
- 1x Antistatic bubble wrap bag for cartridge
- Holographic serial number sticker
The kit content is still to be designed and will be shown at a later point.
CRT screen shots of alpha/beta built (2018-05-24/2016-12-22): More screens in higher resolution are on the product page.
Trailer #4 2017: Youtube
Trailer #3 2016: Youtube
Please view the product page and the FAQ section for limitations and compatibility notices of this product.
For extra protection you can choose "big box" shipping below. It's then packaged like a CE/Collector Edition.
MVS Kit paperwork is put in a separate box.
NEO GEO (TM) is a registered trademark of SNK PLAYMORE Corporation.
Our NEO GEO (TM) software is not officialy licensed, designed, manufactured, distributed or endorsed by SNK/Playmore corp. of Japan.